Re: [Nolug] FreeBSD

From: Brett D. Estrade <estrabd_at_mailcan.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 19:28:31 -0500

It is supposed to be, but that is obviously up to the person
implementing it. I suggest loading up a test server and burning the
hell out of it with stuff like memtest, forkbomb, and httperf (for
webserver). "forkbomb -f" (spawns infinite processes) will kill FreeBSD
5.4, but 5.2 handles it well; that, however, doesn't mean you should go
with 5.2 over 5.4.

In terms of security, it has all the features that made 4.x great -
ipfw, etc.

I would not immediately switch all of your stuff to 5.x, but it is
certainly worth a look.

Brett