Re: [Nolug] new SuSE irc support channel

From: Brad Bendily <brad_at_selu.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:47:17 -0500 (CDT)

> SuSE is now a Novell product isn't it? How is that so far?

So far nothing major, as far as the SuSE product goes. They
are doing a lot of different things with other products.
They have a Novell Linux Desktop which is their own
implementation of a Linux Desktop OS. They call it a business
desktop. Also, they have their OES product which is a
highly modified SuSe Linux Server product.

>From what I've heard they're not going to change the
SuSe professional or server products, those products
are what they base their own line off of. They
take things from SuSe professional to put into
SuSE Server, then take suse server to make the OES
product. It's still the core SuSe team keeping up
with SuSe. For now.

BB