Re: [Nolug] Wireless Broadband?

From: dane reugger <dane_at_downtownpc.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 02:20:48 -0600

Hi Ed - hope you are well.

I've setup up one of the in person and stepped someone else through the
process over the phone.

It uses WiMax and claims speed of 1.5 down / 384 up and uses PPoE

Odd thing was - It wouldn't work until I connected to a PC and ran the
included software which somehow activates it - after that it was easily
connected to a router.

I think it was $70 per month and you had to buy the wireless modem
($200). Didn't spend a long time with it but speed seemed fine.

I have since taken the unit back out because their DSL came back up.

- Dane