Re: [Nolug] City Wide Wireless

From: Chris Johnston <cmjohnston_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:11:59 -0600

Tomorrow at 11:00 am there will be a press conference at the Sheraton on
Canal to discuss the City of New Orleans Wifi network that was begun
pre-Katrina.

Chris Johnston

On 11/28/05, Dane Reugger <dane@downtownpc.com> wrote:

> I sent this to another list - thought it might interest this group also.
>

> I had been noticing a 'cityofno' SSID for at least a week now - so today
> I joined it and was taken to a web page with an option to log on. I
> clicked the link for new user, filled out a short form, and sure enough
> - I was given a free subscription and I am able to surf the web. Not
> sure how long it's free or the coverage but I thought it might interest
> some.
>
> I'm currently in my Baronne street office - some places work much better
> than others - seems fast enough, might come in handy for those w/o access.

Christopher Johnston
5044161596 mobile
Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving
through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to
the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave
vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
  - Ellen Goodman
Want to escape this go to http://wallofwealth.blogspot.com