[Nolug] user group consolidation

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:32:21 -0600

Guys,

Probably some of you have heard that the DOS users group here in town is
struggling due to Katrina (and haven't we all been?). Believe it or not,
there are still people that run DOS, some even claiming that it's the One
True Operating System. I don't blame them, if all they have to look forward
to is Windows.

Anyhow, they lost their web administrator, and have asked if we would help
them out. Scott and I have had a couple of meetings with them, and finally
decided to let them have some server space, and also to see what other ways
we can help them out. One of them even suggested that we hold joint meetings,
once we get going again at UNO. Interesting idea, that... maybe we can show
them a thing or two about Linux and BSD.

Anyhow, we're looking for opinions from you guys on the possibility of merging
the two users groups. We thought we might name the new group "New Orleans
Command Line Users and Enthusiasts". I know that sounds like a ridiculous
idea on the surface, but the Java and .NET guys have started working together
lately. Once they realized that it all boiled down to manipulating
"point-and-click" objects, everyone dropped their guard and started acting
like old friends.

Thoughts?

How many spyware pop-ups did you get on your Windows computer today?