Re: [Nolug] New political commentary site launched by Joey Kelly

From: John Fox <john_at_foxfin.net>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 08:00:58 -0500
This is old news, see below from Cornell. Same guy making the same claims three years ago. I am NOT a geologist but, having run boats between Houston and Pensacola a few hundred times, there is no greater concentration of oil rigs than the area off Morgan City, which is where they place the "new" field. I believe this area has been leased and explored in great detail. The Cornell article focuses on the the Eugene Island phenomenon and the OCS, which we all know has been very productive. Anyway, maybe the butt-heads from Washington will throw us crackers a bone and let us keep some of the royalties so we can build a few levees that might work.....

http://www.news.cornell.edu/Chronicle/03/4.3.03/ACS-Cathles.html

Also:

http://www.geotimes.org/june03/NN_gulf.html

Trey Fox wrote:
though now that i am looking at the article again....i'm not sure how credible these folks are.