[Nolug] Nokia 770... a Linux PDA :-)

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 22:45:07 -0500

Guys,

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Nokia 770 Internet tablet last night at
CompUSA. I paid about $380 with tax, then ordered a 1GB memory card from
Circuit City's website for another $65. A bluetooth keyboard is next.

The thing is great, to say the least. I sat in front of the Pan Am building on
Poydras this morning and picked up probably 15 access points, and was able to
get on the net using the city's wireless connection.

I flashed the device a few minutes ago, which took all of 5 minutes, outside
of actually downloading the various bits required from Nokia's site.
Supposedly this upgrade allows Jabber and Google Talk VoIP connectivity, but
I haven't yet found out how to use that functionality.

I'll bring the thing to the next NOLUG meeting, which will be in July,
somewhere.

How many spyware pop-ups did you get on your Windows computer today?