Re: [Nolug] firewall upgrading

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:50:12 -0500

On 7/18/06, Trey Fox <gefox4@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I use firestarter at home.

Right. If all you're trying to do is make a firewall out of a boat
anchor, either use your favorite distro's regular firewall tool, or
install something that does only what you need, such as smoothwall,
IPcop, m0n0wall, etc.. A firewall distro is plug-n-play, very little
hassle involved.

--Joey

> On 7/18/06, Bart Pittari <pittari@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > A friend of mine at work was upgrading a older firewall we have operating
> currently. The new machine has FC4 installed with Guarddog.
> >
> > Any pointers as to how to go about setting the rules, etc up?
> >

> > BP
> >

> --
> Trey Fox

(sent via gmail.com, no GPG signature)