[Nolug] linux on an old laptop

From: Bart Pittari <pittari_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 19:41:29 -0500

I have a Toshiba Tecra 8000 from the MMX generation CPUs. Is there a
flavor/incarnation of Linux that would work well with it?
I've been doing some looking online (linux-on-laptops.com) and it looks like
I can put Ubuntu on it. I found an older article dated about 2000 that said
RedHat 5.x worked with it (*chokes*).

I know when I first got it, it had Win98 (not even SE, just Win98) and I was
able to put NT 4.0 on it (was trying to make it run for someone else before
they gave up on it), but not 2000. Any thoughts, insights on how a more
updated OS would react with that class of CPU?

BP