Re: [Nolug] ssh tunneling

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:49:42 -0500

Trey Fox wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I've been playing with ssh, getting apps to tunnel and what not. I
> have a good bit of my music on the desktop, and would like to tunnel
> sound through to my laptop. Anyone know how I would go about that?
Google for gnump3d . I use it to stream mp3's. rather than making it
publically available via the built in http interface, I tunnel the http
port it's running on over ssh and connect to the tunnelled port with
xmms. I can browse the music with a web browser via the tunnelled http
port as well and the URL's are sent to xmms appropriately to use the
tunnelled port. gnump3d can dynamically downsample the mp3's (or reduce
the quality on oggs) if you have a low bandwidth remote connection.