[Nolug] (off topic) Perl / Python / Ruby + SQL via ODBC wizards?

From: John Kosta <johnkosta_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:21:21 -0500

Hello all --

does this group have any SQL via ODBC + Perl or Python or Ruby or ???
wizards that might be interested in creating an application for us?

We need to automate a query from our Sybase SQLAnywhere database and
generate emails from the results (via a shell script, python program or
whatever.) The SQL portion is a bit complex. I don't think the
learning curve will be terrible in terms of understanding the database,
but there might be a few gotchas.

The database runs on Windows Server 2003, but we have Linux and Windows
boxes in house to host the application.

I would like to get this done quickly, as a "programmer for hire" type
of job.

If you feel you are qualified / interested, please email me off list for
the specifics / more details.

Sorry to interrupt the NOLUG list with non-Linux specific traffic.

Thanks,

John Kosta
IT Director
Morris Bart LLC