Re: [Nolug] MythTV project

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 01:33:18 -0500

I'm not that far yet.... I've been having problems of getting anything
installed on some brand new hardware I have. (+ not enough time) I
assume at this point mobo being bad. I was able to run ubuntu live CD
once, and then nothing but crc errors and other odd crashes when loading
kernel. (CD is good!)

I've also been eying on this one...
http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Main_Page

As for TV compatibility.... Minimum you need there is an S-video or
Composite in, and S-video or composite out from video or mpg card (or TV
tuner card)
I'm not sure if they make affordable HDTV cards for computers yet.
....ahem.... at least one specifically for linux at http://www.pchdtv.com/