[Nolug] Media extender functionality under Linux

From: Jonathan Roberts <gremln007_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 15:58:00 -0600

All,

I was curious if anyone can recommend a solution to this problem. Looking
to view videos from my desktop (ideally streamed from web pages; think news
and television web sites, not youtube, etc). Is there something like a
media center extender that doesn't need a media center (windows) PC?

(If not, can I somehow pipe video output down the unused coax in my house
that is left over from Cox? I know my TV can take that as an input...)

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan