Re: [Nolug] GUI programming for Unix/Linux

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:18:31 -0500

Dennis Bourn <dbourn@clkenergy.com> writes:

> Ive got the idea pretty well thought out with one exception. I can
> usually hack something together with perl and php/mysql,.. but in this
> case i have to control 2 serial ports on the "cash register"

You can still use Perl.

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Device-SerialPort/ will let you control
devices attached to an RS232 port.

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Device-USB/ will let you control devices
attached via USB.

For the GUI, Tk is the old standby (http://search.cpan.org/dist/Tk/)
but you can also use Wx if you prefer
(http://search.cpan.org/dist/Wx/).

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/
GPG Fingerprint: 7E15 362D A32C DFAB E4D2  B37A 735E F10A 2DFC BFF5