[Nolug] Can anyone donate a DVD-ROM drive?

From: Simon Dorfman <emaillists_at_simondorfman.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 10:48:10 -0600

In brief:
Anyone have a DVD-ROM drive they want to donate? (Any 3.5" drive that can
read DVDs that connects via a standard IDE cable would work.)

In detail:
I'm trying to help Market Umbrella [1], the organization that runs the
Crescent City Farmers Market [2].

They have an old Mac G4 that they are getting ready to donate to one of the
market vendors (Isabel, she makes yummy tamales every Saturday and Tuesday).

The DVD-ROM drive doesn't work. I'd like to replace it for them to assist
in installing OSX. Anyone have a spare? If yes, please write or call:
simon@simondorfman.com
504-613-5076

Thanks a lot,
Simon