Re[2]: [Nolug] Email passwords are.. special?

From: Dustin Puryear <dustin_at_puryear-it.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:34:19 -0600

To me this isn't even a Windows issue. If you setup your cell or PDA
to collect your mail via whatever, then your mobile device almost
definitely has a weakly protected password in there.

Someone made a comment about two-factor authentication for the
paranoid, and I can't really think of many alternatives. Right now I
only see:

1. Ignore the risk
2. Use separate email accounts
3. Use two-factor authentication for external access
4. Don't allow any external email access

---
Puryear Information Technology, LLC
Baton Rouge, LA * 225-706-8414
http://www.puryear-it.com
Author:
  "Best Practices for Managing Linux and UNIX Servers"
  "Spam Fighting and Email Security in the 21st Century"
Download your free copies:
  http://www.puryear-it.com/publications.htm