[Nolug] A lawyer using Linux in his law office

From: Chris Johnston <cmjohnston_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 21:53:21 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris <cmjohnston@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 4, 2007 11:44 AM
Subject: forward to NOLUG Press releases - Press release - Corel Corporation
To: Christopher Johnston <cmjohnston@gmail.com>

Sent to you by Chris via Google Reader:

Press releases - Press release - Corel
Corporation<http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Er/Futurelawyer/%7E3/122015549/press_releases_.html>
via
Futurelawyer <http://futurelawyer.typepad.com/futurelawyer/> by rgeorges on
Jun 04, 2007

Link: Press releases - Press release - Corel
Corporation<http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Content_C1&cid=1153321430604&lc=en&pagename=CorelCom%2FLayout&pressId=1164741065876>
.[image: Corel]<http://futurelawyer.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/04/corel.png>Wm
Paul Slough, a lawyer who started with Linux, and has been using it
for
three years, has commented on my experiment with Linux and Crossover. As I
said in my last post, I have successfully installed WordPerfect, the best
word processor on the planet, on my Linux box, and Paul pointed me to this
press release from Corel, indicating that Corel will be supporting the Open
Document Standard in the future, which will truly make it the best choice
for the future. I haven't yet figured out how to get my 15 years worth of
WordPerfect documents on the Linux computer; but, I know there is a way. I
just need to learn more about setting up Fat32 partitions in the Linux
partition. Greg Wood at Corel is sending me a copy of the current version of
WordPerfect, X3, for review, and I will test it for Linux use. Corel has
always been interested in supporting the legal market, and I am seeing a
return to WordPerfect among some lawyers, after brief forays with Word. If
you MUST look at Word documents, use OpenOffice. In the meantime, try
Ubuntu, and let the drums roll.
 <http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Ef/Futurelawyer?a=TA9z2lef>

Things you can do from here:

   - Visit the original