[Nolug] Linux Tip: Embed a Terminal in the Desktop with Compiz Fusion

From: coastie <gefox4_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 07:19:24 -0700

This is nice. I have an embedded shell on my desktop...but this looks a
lot sweeter since it is with compiz. Thought I'd share!

Sent to you by coastie via Google Reader: Linux Tip: Embed a Terminal
in the Desktop with Compiz Fusion via Lifehacker by Kyle Pott on Aug
28, 2007

Linux users: You can configure Compiz Fusion to embed a terminal in the
desktop. The last time we covered this process you needed to install
Devilspie and create a configuration file. With Compiz Fusion the
process is much simpler and the end result looks much more streamlined.
The Ubuntu Unleashed weblog details the entire process. You need to
create a terminal profile that will only be used when it is embedded
into the desktop. Then just configure Compiz Fusion and you'll be all
set. Howto: Completely Transparent Shell on your Ubuntu desktop with
Compiz Fusion [Ubuntu Unleashed]

Things you can do from here:
- Visit the original item on Lifehacker
- Subscribe to Lifehacker using Google Reader
favorite sites