Re: [Nolug] encrypted remote filesystem project

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:22:59 -0400

Joey,

Check out Brackup (http://search.cpan.org/~bradfitz/Brackup/brackup).

It can back up to Amazon's S3 (super cheap) as well as other random
webhosts via ssh/rsync.

Even better, it encrypts (via GPG) all the data and stores it in
anonymous chunks so that any attacker just sees blocks of the same
size with 16 character (or so) hexadecimal names.

Brackup has seen a lot of recent activity to make it very usable.

Still, make sure any solution you have is tested for restores! You
don't want to have encrypted data you don't have the keys to.

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/
GPG Fingerprint: 7E15 362D A32C DFAB E4D2  B37A 735E F10A 2DFC BFF5