archives: meeting on 20-Dec?

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:25:27 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

attached mail follows:

How About an alternative location for December meeting ???

attached mail follows:

I would suggest somewhere that serves beer in pints.....

wear a fake mustache, I'm sure noone will notice...after a pint or
two...<GRIN>

Ok, help me out here, please.

I'm not speaking for Scott, but doing a holiday party / beer / munchie
meeting is a good idea. I'd like to meet somewhere in the city (closer to
Canal, or St. Charles, etc.). We need a place where we can get a couple or
three tables, if needed, and can eat, drink $beverage, and hang out for a
couple of hours. I really don't want to give our business to a national
franchise place, so can anyone suggest a local place?

Ethnic food? Italian? Cajun? Middle-eastern (there's a Mona's off Claiborne,
by Tulane)? Burgers & fries?

Um, laptops and $games, anyone?

--Joey

Thou spake:
>wear a fake mustache, I'm sure noone will notice...after a pint or
>two...<GRIN>

Majority of comments seems to be favorable to Superior.
I've never been there, but sure have nothing against checking it out.
I was also thinking about Samuels, a bit closer to downtown, but Superior is
fine for me too.

> I'm not speaking for Scott, but doing a holiday party / beer / munchie
> meeting is a good idea. I'd like to meet somewhere in the city (closer to
> Canal, or St. Charles, etc.). We need a place where we can get a
> couple or
> three tables, if needed, and can eat, drink $beverage, and hang out for a
> couple of hours. I really don't want to give our business to a national
> franchise place, so can anyone suggest a local place?
>
> Ethnic food? Italian? Cajun? Middle-eastern (there's a Mona's off
> Claiborne,
> by Tulane)? Burgers & fries?
>
> Um, laptops and $games, anyone?
>
> --Joey
>
> Thou spake:
> >wear a fake mustache, I'm sure noone will notice...after a pint or
> >two...<GRIN>

attached mail follows:

Pietu wrote:

> Majority of comments seems to be favorable to Superior.
> I've never been there, but sure have nothing against checking it out.
> I was also thinking about Samuels, a bit closer to downtown, but Superior is
> fine for me too.

<aol>
Me too!
</aol>

--
Since-beer-leekz,       |If this were an actual emergency,
Mikey                   |we would have all fled in terror

attached mail follows:

attached mail follows:

Ron Johnson wrote:
> > <aol>
> > Me too!
> > </aol>
>
> aol????

It's a joke about how the AOL-ers[0] go on newsgroups, quote pages of an
article (or a whole tread of articles), and then respond with nothing
more than, "Me too!" in their post. It's a -very- common thing.

[0]AOL: The trailer park of the internet.

--
Since-beer-leekz,       |SSuuppoorrtt
Mikey                   |yyoouurr llooccaall

attached mail follows:

attached mail follows:

Lebanons...but we have to bring our own $beverage....or mona's..

attached mail follows:

hmmm....Superior?

attached mail follows:

Thou spake:
>hmmm....Superior?

I've been wanting to go there...

Ok, anyone else have any input?

--Joey

Joey Kelly <looseduk@ductape.net> writes:

> Ok, anyone else have any input?

The place near the french quoter or Tulane Univ is good for me.
I'll stay a dom on Tulane Univ Campus till Dec 21, and stay a hotel
in the french quoter from Dec 21 to Dec 27.

I'll be back to Japan at Dec 28, but come here again at Jan 7:-)

-- Yuji Yamano

attached mail follows:

Ok, I'm not a partier, but we have said all along that we were going to do a

cd /pub
more beer

...or some such. We could have a table or two somewhere and just shoot the
bull (which is of course something we all enjoy after every meeting anyway).
A place where food can be purchased, and not just beer (yuck, for me, anyway).

Suggestions?

--Joey

Thou spake:
>How About an alternative location for December meeting ???

Superior is nice if you like Tex-Mex (which I do).
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com
http://www.originsresource.org
http://www.prenticenet.com/home/dprentice
>>> I'm not speaking for Scott, but doing a holiday party / beer / munchie
>>> meeting is a good idea. I'd like to meet somewhere in the city (closer
>>> Canal, or St. Charles, etc.). We need a place where we can get a
>>> couple or
>>> three tables, if needed, and can eat, drink $beverage, and hang out for
>>> couple of hours. I really don't want to give our business to a national
>>> franchise place, so can anyone suggest a local place?
>>>
>>> Ethnic food? Italian? Cajun? Middle-eastern (there's a Mona's off
>>> Claiborne,
>>> by Tulane)? Burgers & fries?
>>>
>>> Um, laptops and $games, anyone?
>>>
>>> --Joey
>>>
>>> Thou spake:

attached mail follows:

Any thing with high cholestrol and no msg is fine with me.

Matt

>>> I'm not speaking for Scott, but doing a holiday party / beer / munchie
>>> meeting is a good idea. I'd like to meet somewhere in the city (closer
>>> Canal, or St. Charles, etc.). We need a place where we can get a
>>> couple or
>>> three tables, if needed, and can eat, drink $beverage, and hang out for
>>> couple of hours. I really don't want to give our business to a national
>>> franchise place, so can anyone suggest a local place?
>>>
>>> Ethnic food? Italian? Cajun? Middle-eastern (there's a Mona's off
>>> Claiborne,
>>> by Tulane)? Burgers & fries?
>>>
>>> Um, laptops and $games, anyone?
>>>
>>> --Joey
>>>
>>> Thou spake:

attached mail follows:

superior has awesome chicken nachos, and the best salsa in the solar
system. =-)

-m

On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, Dave Prentice wrote:

> Superior is nice if you like Tex-Mex (which I do).
> Dave Prentice
> prentice@instruction.com
> http://www.originsresource.org
> http://www.prenticenet.com/home/dprentice

***      Tune in to World Transonic Radio!      ***
*** 96k: http://www.augdata.com:8096/listen.pls ***
*** 40k: http://www.augdata.com:8000/listen.pls ***