archives: AMD is doomed...

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:10:12 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

attached mail follows:

AMD has a pretty safe position. If Intel killed them off it's look
monopolistic and besides tech wars keep people interested and interested
people buy more. Now Transmeta is dead.. as much as I like them.. unless
they merge with AMD or pull a real big rabbit out of their hat soon.

"Don't sweat it -- it's not real life. It's only ones and zeroes."
               -- spaf (1988?)

*^*^*^*
Michael McGlothlin <mogmios@mlug.missouri.edu>
http://mlug.missouri.edu/~mogmios/projects/

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Ron Johnson wrote:

attached mail follows:

Ok, I may be reaching here, but...

Intel currently has crappy product (re: tomshardware, etc.). Could it be they
bought out the alpha line in order to use the technology to dig themselves
out of an otherwise inextractible hole?

--Joey

Thou spake:

Joey Kelly wrote:

> Intel currently has crappy product (re: tomshardware, etc.). Could it be they
> bought out the alpha line in order to use the technology to dig themselves
> out of an otherwise inextractible hole?

My guess would be that Intel just couldn't figure out how to make a
decent 64 bit processor, so they had to buy one. :)

--
Since-beer-leekz,       |SSuuppoorrtt
Mikey                   |yyoouurr llooccaall

attached mail follows: