archives: December meeting

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:11:16 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

Hello,

Can someone confirm the location and time of the December meeting? The
UG web page isn't updated.

Thanks,
Charles

attached mail follows:

Charles,

We are actually going to skip the regular format this month, since the
meeting is too close to Christmas. Rather than not meet at all (like last
year), we are going to have a Christmas party instead.

We'll all meet up at Superior Grill on St. Charles, at the normal meeting
time of 7:30, Thursday, December 20 (this Thursday). Food, $beverage, fun,
maybe even a put-up LAN videogame session on our laptops... who knows?

We will hold the regular January meeting as scheduled. The topic is
tentatively on Mac OSX (which is BSD under the hood), presented by Fritz.

Looking forward to seeing you at nolug!

--Joey

Thou spake:
>Hello,
>
>Can someone confirm the location and time of the December meeting? The
>UG web page isn't updated.
>
>Thanks,
>Charles

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

Thanks a bunch for the information. Hope to see you guys there. Unless
of course @Home puts some other wrench in the works...

Cheers,
Charles Jouglard
HSD/HSI System Engineer
Cox Communications - New Orleans, Louisiana
(504) 390-4432

On Sunday, December 16, 2001, at 09:39 AM, Joey Kelly wrote:

> Charles,
>
> We are actually going to skip the regular format this month, since the
> meeting is too close to Christmas. Rather than not meet at all (like
> last
> year), we are going to have a Christmas party instead.
>
> We'll all meet up at Superior Grill on St. Charles, at the normal
> meeting
> time of 7:30, Thursday, December 20 (this Thursday). Food, $beverage,
> fun,
> maybe even a put-up LAN videogame session on our laptops... who knows?
>
> We will hold the regular January meeting as scheduled. The topic is
> tentatively on Mac OSX (which is BSD under the hood), presented by
> Fritz.
>
> Looking forward to seeing you at nolug!
>
> --Joey
>
> Thou spake:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can someone confirm the location and time of the December meeting? The
>> UG web page isn't updated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Charles

> Joey Kelly
> < Minister of the Gospel | Computer Networking Consultant >
> http://joeykelly.dhs.org
>

> "When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
> When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
> -- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

Joey Kelly wrote:

> We will hold the regular January meeting as scheduled. The topic is
> tentatively on Mac OSX (which is BSD under the hood), presented by Fritz.

Sweet! Every time I want to check out OSX at a 'puter store, there's
either no one there to help or I'm confronted with someone who doesn't
know anything about it. I've been wanting to check this out.

<sing tune="white_christmas">
I'm dreaming of a Mac laptop
Even though I just got my Vaio
</sing>
:)

--
Since-beer-leekz,       |If this were an actual emergency,
Mikey                   |we would have all fled in terror

attached mail follows:

>Sweet! Every time I want to check out OSX at a 'puter store, there's
>either no one there to help or I'm confronted with someone who doesn't
>know anything about it. I've been wanting to check this out.

Well, Fritz doesn't actually *have* a Mac, he's just going to tell us about
the features he gleaned from pestering clueless salesmen at the Mac store ;-P

Heh.

(literally almost falling out of my chair, laughing)

^Z

I talked to him on the phone, and he raved about it for like 30 minutes or
so. It promises to be a very interesting meeting. Y'all come!