archives: DHCP

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:11:47 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

Does anyone have a good resource for how to configure DHCP manually for
RedHat 7.1? Or even a tool that will help?

I have the boot floppies and I would like them to use the DHCP server on the
reserved Class-C IP addresses with a private domain name.

~

attached mail follows:

Setting up DHCP is a lot easier than most people think. Hmm, there should be
a sample file under /usr/doc if you look. Otherwise, come back here and
somebody can post theirs.

Regards, Dustin

attached mail follows:

I just set up DHCP client by installing it from RPMs (dhcpcd-xxxxx.rpm)
@Home wants to put everybody under dhcp becuse they are doing supposedly
some network changes.

It didn't start working immediately, but I added a line into ifcfg-eth0 file
that said
DHCP_HOSTNAME=yourhostname
and Voila....

it works now.