archives: Redhat 7.2

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:17:34 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

Does anybody have the capability to download Redhat 7.2 and burn the CDs? I
hear that the new version of gnome works better than the one that came with
6.1, so I would like to upgrade my classroom.
Thanks,
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com

attached mail follows:

Just a suggestion. Use Helix Gnome and it's always better than the version
that comes with the distro in my experience and easy to keep updated since
you can use Red Carpet (use Squid and turn on http proxy and you only need
to download each package once).

> Does anybody have the capability to download Redhat 7.2 and burn the CDs? I
> hear that the new version of gnome works better than the one that came with
> 6.1, so I would like to upgrade my classroom.

attached mail follows:

I've downloaded and burned the CDs. I just got around to installing it
this week and gnome seems to be a lot more user friendly but it's been a
while since I've used 6.1 so I can't really tell you how much improved
it is.

Chuck

Does anybody have the capability to download Redhat 7.2 and burn the
CDs? I
hear that the new version of gnome works better than the one that came
with
6.1, so I would like to upgrade my classroom.
Thanks,
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com

attached mail follows:

I'm thinking about getting Charter's cable internet service. I'd like to be
able to do away with Bellsouth and use something like Net2Phone for all my
telephone calls. I've used Net2Phone before to place both local and
long-distance calls. What I don't know is whether somebody who does not
have a PC could call me. Does anybody know?

Thanks,
M.R.F.

attached mail follows:

Nope.
There is no number for your PC. Only PC-2-Phone and PC-2-PC are supported.
PC-2-Mobile is iffy.... never worked for me.

Petri

attached mail follows:

Dedending on where you live, Scott might end up being the admin for your
account. He works out of the Slidell office, and handles all of Slidell and a
small par of Covington. Of course, you can expect good service from Scott...
and if not, you can nag him at the meetings about it :-P

As far at the net-2-phone thing goes, I haven't used it. Does that accept
incoming calls?

--Joey

Thou spake:

Chuck wrote:

> I've downloaded and burned the CDs. I just got around to installing it
> this week and gnome seems to be a lot more user friendly but it's been a
> while since I've used 6.1 so I can't really tell you how much improved
> it is.
>
> Chuck

I'd like to upgrade to 7.2. Would you be willing to make copies of the CDs?
I'd suitably reimburse you of course :)

M.R.F.

attached mail follows:

Sure. Two installation discs. Do you want the documentation disc too?

Chuck

> I've downloaded and burned the CDs. I just got around to installing it
> this week and gnome seems to be a lot more user friendly but it's been
> while since I've used 6.1 so I can't really tell you how much improved
> it is.
>
> Chuck

I'd like to upgrade to 7.2. Would you be willing to make copies of the
CDs?
I'd suitably reimburse you of course :)

M.R.F.

attached mail follows:

> Sure. Two installation discs. Do you want the documentation disc too?
>
> Chuck

Yes, that would be great. BTW, is this the standard edition?

M.R.F.

attached mail follows:

OK, I'll copy the three discs. And yes it's the standard version.

Did you say you're on the Northshore?

Chuck

Chuck wrote:

> OK, I'll copy the three discs. And yes it's the standard version.
>
> Did you say you're on the Northshore?
>
> Chuck

Yes I am. Sometimes I go to UNO for this or that; maybe we could arrange to
meet there.

M.R.F.

attached mail follows:

Sounds like a plan. When do you plan to be visiting the campus again?

Chuck

> OK, I'll copy the three discs. And yes it's the standard version.
>
> Did you say you're on the Northshore?
>
> Chuck

Yes I am. Sometimes I go to UNO for this or that; maybe we could
arrange to
meet there.

M.R.F.

attached mail follows:

I can also make ppl copies of the 7.2 cds. I have all 5 iso images. I am
also in Slidell all day at work.

~

> Sounds like a plan. When do you plan to be visiting the campus again?
>
> Chuck

attached mail follows:

Chuck,
    Dittos for me. I would be happy to reimburse you for your trouble.
Thanks,
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com

>> I've downloaded and burned the CDs. I just got around to installing it
>> this week and gnome seems to be a lot more user friendly but it's been a
>> while since I've used 6.1 so I can't really tell you how much improved
>> it is.
>>
>> Chuck
>>
>I'd like to upgrade to 7.2. Would you be willing to make copies of the
CDs?
>I'd suitably reimburse you of course :)
>
>M.R.F.

attached mail follows:

Chuck,
    Do you plan to be at UNO tomorrow afternoon? I have a 6 P.M. class in
the chemistry building.
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com

>Sounds like a plan. When do you plan to be visiting the campus again?
>
>Chuck

attached mail follows:

Hello all, Verio is apparently having mail server problems and I seem to
have lost all my email for almost 24 hours. Chuck, what is the status of
the 7.2 disks? Are you going to be at UNO per the msg. below?

Thanks,
M.R.F.