Re: [Nolug] Win popup over the net ?

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:52:09 -0600

First you need to find the NETBIOS name of the machine. do a
"nmblookup -A ip.add.re.ss"
You may get a few names. Just try em all in the next line.
"smbclient -M NETBIOSNAME -I ip.add.re.ss"
Just press <enter> if it prompts you for a password. type your
message and ctrl-D to end. You won't know for certain if it popped
up, however.

similarly you can do:
"smbclient -L NETBIOSNAME -I ip.add.re.ss" to list any shares.
If you're real lucky ;) you can do
smbclient //NETBOISNAME/SHARENAME -I ip.add.re.ss" and actually
peruse and download/upload from the drive share. smbclient acts
like command-line ftp on windows file shares.