archives: Anyone run evolution?

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:56:50 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

attached mail follows:

I have a little bit of experience. For a gui mail app I have been quite happy
with kmail, not bloated and can do gpg and attachments well and use imap and
pop3 without problems.

There is also balsa that looks nice and is small.

Evolution is very pretty and large. Now that it's at version 1.0 it's not as
slow as before and things seem to work pretty well. It has a calendar and
some web features. The mail client itself is very easy to use and configure.
For someone that has used outlook then perhaps that's the way to do.

Pernsonall I don't use it since I don't use calendar or any non- e-mail
related feature on my computer (alarms, calendars, addressbooks). Yes I use
paper for that :) So I am fine with smaller, independent apps like kmail (or
elm and mutt when using ssh). But if you have a machine that can handle it,
then Evolution is quite nice to use and look at.

ML

--
Linux 2.4.16
 12:32pm  up  1:42,  2 users,  load average: 0.21, 0.13, 0.11