archives: More Keystone Komputer problems in Orleans Parish

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 18:10:24 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

    New from the annals of Orleans Parish Schools: A teacher down the hall
got 25 new PCs a month ago. The school board took away her old ones that
were working. After a whole month - almost half of the first nine weeks
grading period -- she is STILL waiting for somebody from the school board to
come out and connect them. Meanwhile, the students in her computer classes
have to use paper handouts because they can't log on to the computers. Boy,
what a valuable class in teaching computer skills.
    These are beautiful paperweights. However, if I could figure out the
administrator password, I could set them up for her. If anybody has set up
Win2000 Professional, is there a default password? I doubt that anybody took
the trouble to change it.
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com

attached mail follows: