archives: null modems?

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 18:11:36 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

I need a certain kind of null modem and can't remember the right term for
it.. I was hoping one of you might know it's name or where I can buy
it.. one side plugs into a regular modem as a phone line.. the other side
plugs into the other computers serial port. I need this so that I can plug
my Dreamcast into my LAN without paying $100-$200 for a broadband
adapter. It's just been so long since I actually needed a null modem I
can't remember the proper name. :)

*^*^*^*
Michael McGlothlin <mogmios@mlug.missouri.edu>
http://mlug.missouri.edu/~mogmios/projects/

attached mail follows:

Michael,

Konrad told me he has this info on his box. I looked and coudn't find the
right link. Perhaps he will see this email and post the right link.

--Joey

Thou spake:

http://24.7.158.179/serial

Joey Kelly wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Konrad told me he has this info on his box. I looked and coudn't find the
> right link. Perhaps he will see this email and post the right link.
>
> --Joey
>
> Thou spake:
> >I need a certain kind of null modem and can't remember the right term for
> >it.. I was hoping one of you might know it's name or where I can buy
> >it.. one side plugs into a regular modem as a phone line.. the other side
> >plugs into the other computers serial port. I need this so that I can plug
> >my Dreamcast into my LAN without paying $100-$200 for a broadband
> >adapter. It's just been so long since I actually needed a null modem I
> >can't remember the proper name. :)
> >

> >*^*^*^*
> >Michael McGlothlin <mogmios@mlug.missouri.edu>
> >http://mlug.missouri.edu/~mogmios/projects/

> Joey Kelly
> < Minister of the Gospel | Computer Networking Consultant >
> http://joeykelly.dhs.org
>
> "When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
> When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
> -- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

attached mail follows:

> So one side has an RJ-11, and the other side has a DB-9????

Yeah that sounds right. Know where one can be bought? :)

attached mail follows:

have you booted linux on that thing yet??
  Michael <mogmios@mlug.missouri.edu> wrote: > So one side has an RJ-11, and the other side has a DB-9????

Yeah that sounds right. Know where one can be bought? :)

attached mail follows:

 i have one you can have.
i think it is a token ring card, but it is as you said...