archives: Unusual Monitor

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 18:15:20 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin

attached mail follows:

I've managed to get my hands on an old monitor that has a connection
I've never seen before. The connection has only two rows of pins, one
row with four pins and one with five pins.

Does anyone know what kind of video card I need to plug this thing into?

Thanks

Chuck

attached mail follows:

That can either be cga or mono. It should say on the back.

--JMS

I've managed to get my hands on an old monitor that has a connection
I've never seen before. The connection has only two rows of pins, one
row with four pins and one with five pins.

Does anyone know what kind of video card I need to plug this thing into?

Thanks

Chuck

attached mail follows:

attached mail follows:

Forgot something! hehe

Up until mid - late '93 these monitors were so common in my area (at that
time NW US) that I was selling a lot of 15/9 pin adapters.

Ron may be closer to the mark with the Monochrome suggestion, but as stated
above it could be color.

~
> I've managed to get my hands on an old monitor that has a connection
> I've never seen before. The connection has only two rows of pins, one
> row with four pins and one with five pins.
>
> Does anyone know what kind of video card I need to plug this thing into?
>
> Thanks
>

> Chuck

attached mail follows:

Hehehehehe.

You have an OLD monitor indeed. I haven't seen one of those in forever. IF
it can do VGA it is the old analog connector. An EGA card would work tho.

~
> I've managed to get my hands on an old monitor that has a connection
> I've never seen before. The connection has only two rows of pins, one
> row with four pins and one with five pins.
>
> Does anyone know what kind of video card I need to plug this thing into?
>
> Thanks
>

> Chuck

attached mail follows:

seems I had a monitor that could handle about 256 colors with that format on
a 386 at one time...