Re: [Nolug] Scanner problem

From: Mikey <mraeder_at_payneservices.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 16:19:18 -0500

Eddie Benson wrote:

> I had the same problem with a Philips WebCam on a Win 2k machine. Uninstall all of the software. Go into device manager and make sure the scanner is removed. Remove the USB hub and all associated. Re-Boot, WITH the scanner plugged in. You should be prompted for any software, and this should work....

Do that and check $SCANNER_COMPANY web site for updated drivers. IIRC, Win2K has had a general lack (though improving) of support for HP hardware.

Oh, and <SPANK!> for being bad person and posting a WinXX question. :)

--
Since-beer-leekz,       |"I have not failed. I've just found
Mikey                   |10,000 ways that won't work."