Re: [Nolug] local exploits for FreeBSD??

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 09:56:13 +0000

I tell you what, that channel did help, very much. I'll paste what help I got
below.

However, asking questions on #freebsd efnet got me a ban, and on
openprojects.net I was met with arrogance. Seems like the undernet guys
aren't as full of themselves.

<YazzY> mmlj4: comment out #pseudo-device bpf #Berkeley
packet filter
<YazzY> mmlj4: rc.conf -> kern_securelevel_enable="YES"
<YazzY> kern_securelevel="1"
<YazzY> mmlj4: and disallow users to se other processes then their own

<Odinn> kern.ps_showallprocs=0
<Odinn> that sysctl will stop users from seeing other pids

This is a commercial shell provider we are talking about, so I can't secure
the box as they suggested; however, their willingness to help means a great
deal to me. They were duly thanked.

--Joey

Thou spake: