archives: Cox's likely reason for going to DHCP

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:44:16 +0000

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Subject: Re: [Nolug] Cox's likely reason for going to DHCP
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 01:22:34 -0600
From: anencephalous@juno.com
To: nolug@nolug.org
Cc: nolug@nolug.org

> NetZero? Ugh. Methinks NetZero is about to experience the slashdot
> effect as
> applied to their dialup equipment.

I wonder how NetZero is set up. You think they have their own eqiupment
or just buy service from someone?

> Ha ha --- I'm glad I don't answer phones at Cox... I've been there
> and done
> that once too many times (presiding over the phones at Fastband when
> they
> switched over --- twice, mind you --- with zero notice). At least
> Cox is
> sending this email the day before the event, and not one hour
> before, like
> C.C. did :/

I still think we should have just turned off the phones and just changed
the phone message to a helpful walk through, calling back those people
who bothered to leave a message. *shrug* Not professional, but neither
was what we did to the customers. Anyone know what happened to Mike?