archives: Hot-swappable IDE drives

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:41:33 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Ich möchte ein Berliner.

attached mail follows:

attached mail follows:

I forgot to mention. All SCA SCSI drives are hot swappable as far as I know.
You can find other SCSI configs that are hot swappable. Don't have to be
expensive and not external either.

Petri

attached mail follows:

attached mail follows:

> Out of curiosity, what's an SCA type of SCSI drive?

I was probably a bit unclear.

SCA = Single Connector Attachment
It has 80 pin connector.
Includes power, ID and data through this one connector.

If I remember correctly it can be found in Ultra2 SCSI and above.

Petri

There are hot swappable IDE kits also. They are very cheap. Under $25 +
Drives that are cheap too.
I don't know about OS wise. Would Linux mount point become confused ? I
don't know how ext2 filesystem internally works.

Petri