Re: [Nolug] Off topic - email question

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 13:12:59 -0600

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 10:58:29 -0600 Dave Prentice <dprentice@uno.edu> wrote:
> This is nothing to do with Linux, but maybe one of you guys can answer a
> question. I keep getting bulk email solicitations for various porn-related
> sites from the same source, someone who goes by prentice@sprintmail.com.
> Since it's happened more than once, I have tried to email this person to
> tell him/her to leave me alone. However, my mail server says the addressee
> does not exist. Technically speaking, what kind of "stealth" technique is
> this person using? And how can I get it to stop?

There are proxys that allow you to filter out spam. They sit between
your MUA & the ISP's pop server.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
! Great Inventors of our time:                               |
!    Al Gore -> Internet                                     |
!    Sun Microsystems -> Clusters                            |