RE: [Nolug] Cox: grrrr.... BIG GRRR...

From: Pietu <plaihonen_at_uno.edu>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:28:56 -0600

> It is a little of both. Your lease should be at least 24 hours as of
> Thursday. It will be extended more very soon. Boy, am I glad this
> conversion is over. Now I can work on the background issues. Anyone
> experiencing anything or seeing anything strange that I should look
> at???
>
> Thanks,
> Charles
> --
> HSD System Engineer, pcguy1@home.com on 01/26/2002

What I experience is not strange but very annoying. Now my connection speeds
are EXTREMELY SLOW. Much much lower than 3 weeks ago. For example streaming
in mp3's break very frequently and web pages load very slowly.....the usual
dial-up feeling....

I ran connection speed test from Cox store at Veterans in Metairie, result
2.4 Megabits/s.
>From home I get only 24.7 Kilobits/s. (second try 32.3 Kilobits/s.)
I used http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/
It makes sense that store (Showroom) has thicker pipe than actual
service.....but this a bit too big of a difference, as I received letter
from Cox some months ago stating that D/L speeds were increased to 3Mb/s.

btw. Follow up as customer service side seems to be ok. A clueless guy
called me earlier today, asking about the conversion package. Did I receive
it and did I have any problems etc.... I just replied that yes I got it,
however it was useless since it did not caontain anything compatible with my
computer. He became very confused, so I eased up on him and said that
everything works fine, slowly tho....

Petri