RE: [Nolug] Cox: grrrr.... BIG GRRR...

From: Jerald Sheets <questy_at_captured.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:42:02 -0600

I've got the feeling that nobody listened last time, so I'll try this
again and talk s l o w l y...

@Home s now offering a service called "@work for one user". (that's what
my sales rep called it). It entails an extra fifteen (15) 1-5 dollars
per month, and you get to keep your static IP. (the total is $59/mo) If
I am reading the AUP for it correctly, neither 80 nor 21 are blocked
either. Also from the AUP, it looks like there are provisions where you
can resell web services from the selfsame machine.

You know...for ages I've asked Cox to do like Roadrunner does and give
me an IP, some copper, a bunch of bandwidth, and leave me the #%^@
alone. It looks like they're listening.

April N. Hill
Cox Business Services
Sales Representative
225-930-2351
Fax 225-930-2265

I've already sent her 3 people over here, and she's tickled pink. I'll
email her to find a corresponding rep in N.O. for you folks. If she
can't help you in your market, perhaps she can put you in touch with the
number/language to use when calling your number. I'll keep this list
(as well as the BRLUG) notified as to what the experience is like, and
what to expect.

Stay tuned.

--JMS