Re: [Nolug] Cox: grrrr.... BIG GRRR...

From: Mikey <mraeder_at_payneservices.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:25:34 -0500

Scott Harney wrote:

> Besides, it's not that hard to write scripts to update your firewall,
> email you the new IP, and even update a dynamic DNS server entry. All the
> DHCP clients I am aware of have "hooks" for adding scripts when changes
> in IP state occur. There are several mini-howto's on the web about this.
Just as long as you're not running DNS on Cox. :)

IMHO, Cox is being too much of a PITA with all these changes to their
service to be bothered with. Whilst I like doing weird things with
computers, I'm lazy.

<crystal_ball time="near future">
I see a bunch of geeks going DSL if $DSL_COMPANY keeps rates < US$100 a
month for service with a static IP.
</crystal_ball>

--
Since-beer-leekz, |Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.
Mikey             |Give a man a fully charged electric eel and