Re: [Nolug] Cox: grrrr.... BIG GRRR...

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:20:40 -0600

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:25:34 -0500 Mikey <mraeder@payneservices.com> wrote:
> Scott Harney wrote:
[snip]

> IMHO, Cox is being too much of a PITA with all these changes to their
> service to be bothered with. Whilst I like doing weird things with
> computers, I'm lazy.
>
> <crystal_ball time="near future">
> I see a bunch of geeks going DSL if $DSL_COMPANY keeps rates < US$100 a
> month for service with a static IP.
> </crystal_ball>

Too bad that some of us in the old suburbs are 18K ft from the
CO, and so thus can't get DSL. Satellite, anyone? Of course,
then I'd have to drop all Cox service...

Too bad Cox's D/L speeds are so good (for now, at least).

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
! Great Inventors of our time:                               |
!    Al Gore -> Internet                                     |
!    Sun Microsystems -> Clusters                            |