Re: [Nolug] Cox: grrrr.... BIG GRRR...

From: Mikey <mraeder_at_payneservices.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:12:13 -0500

Ron Johnson wrote:

> Three things:
> 1. @Home & Cox _advertise_ Always On
> 2. My web server uses so little bandwidth, it's pathetic. NOLUG's
> list server generates a relatively low volume. Attaching scanned
> pictures to an email, then CCing it to family and friends generates
> more.
> 3. Incoming streaming video, Flash, etc. uses a _large_ bandwidth.

I was about to say something like that, but you beat me to it, Ron. :)
Whilst the bandwidth usage issue will be an undying theatre of opinions,
I just hope that highspeed access doesn't gets "metered". Just think of
the logs, people complaining that they didn't use all that bandwidth,
etc. The low price of access will definitely go bye-bye with the
overhead to administer that mess.

Another reason I'm pondering the DSL route is for adjustable bandwidth
(pay more, get more). I don't know if Cox does that or not.

--
Since-beer-leekz,   |If this were an actual emergency,
Mikey               |we would have all fled in terror, .