Re: [Nolug] PHP, Apache and MySQL on windows

From: anencephalous_at_juno.com
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 21:16:46 -0600

Hey --

        No flack from this department. =) Ok, few things to do:

        1) put php4ts.dll in your C:\WINNT\system32 -- assuming you are
running win2k
        2) add the following lines to httpd.conf

                LoadModule php4_module
E:/bin/Apache/modules/mod_php4/SAPI/php4apache.dll
                AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

                replacing E:/bin/Apache/modules/mod_php4/SAPI/ with the
appropriate path

        3) install mysql in the default directory (C:\mysql) otherwise
you will be pained by the service not starting. Used to work in older
versions. Dont know why it wont work now. Even with the .cnf files.
YMMV

        That should get you up and running with the default setup (SAPI
module, not CGI version). Any other problems feel free write. Info
regarding the exact error would be appreciated.

        - Fritz

From: "Carlos" <carlos@cancansystems.com>

Well, I know I'll receive a lot of flack but tired of fidling around with
sqlserver and IIs I have decided to use Apache, PHP4, and MySql for a
database project. Unfortunately it will have to run on windoze 2000
(We'll move it to Linux later when the boss forgets about it). We already
have Apache running but we are somewhat comfused with PHP dll's, so the
question is: is it there anyone who has succesfully installed PHP on
windoze? We keep getting errors even running the hello world script.

Thnaks,

Carlos