[Nolug] ram issues?

From: Michael <mogmios_at_mlug.missouri.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 23:28:46 -0600 (CST)

I bought four 32M 72 pin EDO SIMM modules and when I try to install them,
the system boots and the BIOS detects the memory. I tried booting into
Linux both with and without the 'mem=128M' line and booting into Windows
and all failed during the boot process. In Linux I started getting swap
and filesystem errors. Now the system only recognized 16M of memory (my
old memory) rather than the proper 48M.

The online manual for my system said it takes this memory but it doesn't
seem to work in any combination. The system is a Gateway P5-133XL. Any
suggestions?

Thanks.

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it.

Michael McGlothlin <mogmios@mlug.missouri.edu>
http://mlug.missouri.edu/~mogmios/projects/