Re: [Nolug] mac os x

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 15:24:53 +0000

Dude,

Way cool box, but really overkill just to host pages and run an ftp site.
Great box to use as a workstation, though...

--Joey

Thou spake:
> The main purpose of the G4 server(Mac OS X) will
>be to host both a website and a ftp over two 1.5
>megabit aDSL lines. The network admin at my school
>isn't very PC savvy, so it would be easier to cross
>compile some of the apps that I will be using for the
>meantime. However I would be interested in running
>both the Mac GUI and KDE (if possible).
>
>Thnx,
>Bryant Stewart
>BryantStewart@yahoo.com
>
>--- "E. Benson" <ebenson@ebo.net> wrote:
>> well, OS X was derived from BSD using a Mach kernal,
>> and optimized for
>> Mac for the main reason....
>>
>> On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Manuel Lora wrote:
>> >

>> > why not install Linux on the mac? :)
>> >
>> > ml

>> VirtualPC. Any problems with

>> school.

>> linux

>> icecast on

>> occasion!

>> > - --
>> > Linux 2.4.16
>> > 9:07pm up 5 days, 22:33, 0 users, load
>>
>> average: 0.06, 0.12, 0.11
>>
>> > Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds
>>
>> of a world made for man --
>>
>> > who has no gills.
>> > - -- Ambrose Bierce
>>
>> --
>> Eddie Benson
>> ebenson@jurai.net

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Ich möchte ein Berliner.