Re: [Nolug] buying ssl certificates

From: Dustin Puryear <dpuryear_at_usa.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 21:46:42 -0600

At 02:28 PM 3/31/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Sure, I can do that... but no one's browser will recognize the cert.

Yeah, and most people, myself included, will just close the browser when
confronted with using an unverifiable certificate. Thawte seems to be the
least expensive of the bunch. Personally, I figure any big CA is good
enough for me, so I would shop strictly on cost.

Regards, Dustin

>--Joey
>
>Thou spake:
> >You can be your own authority and sign your own certs...costs nothing
> >with openssl. Loomk into it.
> >
> >--JMS

---
Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net>
UNIX and Network Consultant
http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear
PGP Key available at http://www.us.pgp.net
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams