Re: [Nolug] Inexpensive Domain Name Registrations/DNS

From: Eddie Benson <ebenson_at_ebo.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:54:21 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Joey Kelly wrote:

> Eddie,
>
> Um, since you brought it up, why are you convinced that Network Solutions is
> worth $35/year? What value do you perceive that paying them more gets you?

I've never had a problem with them. Not thta they are better, just I've
had better experience. I do know a guy that has registereed over 20k
domain names, with many registars, and now only uses NetSol...

> Heh, the reason I ask is because I am an OpenNic (http://opennic.unrated.net)
> member, and we have had a number of discussions about this very issue. I'm
> interested in what others think about NetSol.
>
> Dave, many local companies try to charge up to $50/mo. for hosting. If you've
> only paid $15 monthy, I'd say that was fair. I normally use he.net in
> California for $10/mo. for 5MB, so $15 isn't out of line. I don't know much
> about directnic (I haven't used them... yet, anyway). That said, now that I
> have DSL, I am willing to host low- to medium-traffic sites on my stuff, for
> cheap.

My choice for cheap hosting is still LiquidWeb...$15 a month fo basic, $25
a month for oaver 200 megs of storage, unlimited email addresses, MySQL,
and a interface that makes managing your account easy....