RE: [Nolug] FW: [brlug-general]Free Books!

From: Chuck <ohchucki_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:46:31 -0500

Right on.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nolug@patientcarerx.com
[mailto:owner-nolug@patientcarerx.com] On Behalf Of Joey Kelly
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 4:37 PM
To: nolug@patientcarerx.com
Subject: Re: [Nolug] FW: [brlug-general]Free Books!

Well, Scott forwards the newsletter from O'Reilly each month to the
list.
I've asked Scott to request 2 titles from them, and I suppose he has
done so.
I think that they kind of fell behind on getting books out to LUGs (that
was
mentioned in one of the newsletters a month or so ago). At any rate, we
never
got our free books.

I'm all for free stuff, and am more than happy to do a review now and
then.

Ok, you are hereby volunteered to spearhead the effort. Please contact
each
of the publishers that BRLUG mentioned (except for O'Reilly) and ask
them
nicely if they have a program for LUGs. Make sure they have our URL,
etc..
Put me, you, and Scott down as contact people. Also mention that if they
ever
have a rep in the area, they are more than welcome to give a
presentation
(long or short) at nolug.

Kepp us posted.

- --Joey

Thou spake:
>As far as I can tell we don't such a program in our LUG and I would be
>interested in setting one up. Do we have such a library? If not, would
>anyone be interested in helping set one up?
>

>Chuck

- --

http://joeykelly.dhs.org