Re: [Nolug] DNS problems at Cox?

From: Manuel Lora <vanguardist_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 17:16:08 -0500

This is something that happens at least to me a few times per month. I've
almost given up on their DNS system. For long weeks I was not able to resolve
pages that I know exist, forcing me to shell to another machine.

However things seem fine now and I am back to using Cox.

ml

On Sunday 05 May 2002 04:56 pm, Charles wrote:
> Ron,
>
> I'll double check the DNS. I replaced the backup server two weeks ago. I
> haven't seen any issues since then. That doesn't mean an issue doesn't
> exist.
>
> Charles
>

> On 05 May 2002 16:17:44 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 09:21, Charles wrote:
> > No way. The only thing we have running on XP are a few laptops for
> > testing
>
> and
>
> > evaluation. All of the other workstations are running 2000 both as the
> > OS
>
> and
>
> > Office suites.
> >
> > Charles Jouglard
> > Cox Louisiana
> > HSI System Engineer
> > 504.390.4432
>
> Hi, Charles.
>
> In the past 4 or 5 days, it seems as though it's been difficult
> (i.e. must try 3 or 4 times) to get to certain domains, while
> others continue to come up instantly.
>
> The error messages has been on the order of: "foobar.com does
> not exist".
>
> In fact, I just got an error while trying to send this email:
> "DNS error looking up smtp.east.cox.net". (Of course, I resent
> it!)
>
> Have there been any hiccups at the DNS level?
>
> Thanks,
> Ron

- --

Linux i686
  5:14pm up 2 days, 8:26, 1 user, load average: 0.15, 0.08, 0.03
Hi! I'm Larry. This is my brother Bob, and this is my other brother
Jimbo. We thought you might like to know the names of your assailants.