Re: [Nolug] redhat.com | Red Hat Launches Nation's First K-12 Red Hat Linux Education Program; Helps Improve Computing Access for All Students

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 07 May 2002 21:28:36 -0500

On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 14:19, Joey Kelly wrote:
> http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2002/press_education2.html
> --

Am I the only person who's education didn't suffer because
I wasn't exposed to computers starting in nursery school?

Am I the only person who went to a college prep highscool
and was deprived because I couldn't surf the internet instead
of actually (triple-gasp!!) having to read BOOKS in the library
when researching assignments? (WordStar 2.x on a dual-floppy
8-bit computer did help, though, help a _lot_ when writing
term papers in college...)

Am I just an old fogey??? (No, I did _not_ walk 2 miles, up
hill, in the snow, going to and from school each day...)

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| You ask us the same question every day, and we give you    |
| the same answer every day.  Someday, we hope that you will |
| believe us...                                              |
|   Donald Rumsfeld, to a reporter                           |