Re: [Nolug] redhat.com | Red Hat Launches Nation's First K-12 Red Hat Linux Education Program; Helps Improve Computing Access for All Students

From: Dustin Puryear <dpuryear_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 22:55:15 -0500

At 09:28 PM 5/7/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 14:19, Joey Kelly wrote:
> > http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2002/press_education2.html
> > --
>
>Am I the only person who's education didn't suffer because
>I wasn't exposed to computers starting in nursery school?

I very much agree that there is an overemphasis on computers in schools
these days. However, computers are definitely important, and they should be
*integrated* into the learning process.

Regards, Dustin

---
Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net>
UNIX and Network Consultant
http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear
PGP Key available at http://www.us.pgp.net
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams