Re: [Nolug] IMAP for home use

From: Ron <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 08 May 2002 17:17:35 -0500

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 15:20, Peter Kahle wrote:
> On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 03:03:51PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> > Also, what daemon will periodically move mail from my
> > ISP's pop3 server to my local IMAP spool files? At the moment,
> > my Evolution filters will move mail from the pop server to
> > IMAP folders, but that dependance on the client, of course,
> > isn't the point of IMAP.
> >
> > Would it be fetchmail?
>
> Yup. Combined with procmail or similar, you can have stuff put in the
> appropriate folder for you.

Thanks.

The fetchmail man page says "As each message is retrieved
fetchmail normally delivers it via SMTP to port 25 on the machine
it is running on (localhost)"

Then, down further, it says "You can force mail to be passed to
an MDA directly (rather than forwarded to port 25) with the -mda
or -m option. To avoid losing mail, use this option only with
MDAs like procmail...".

However, searching the procmail man page for IMAP turns up nothing.
Can you point the way to a Fscking Manual?

Many thanks.

(This sounds like it would be a good meeting topic...)

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| You ask us the same question every day, and we give you    |
| the same answer every day.  Someday, we hope that you will |
| believe us...                                              |
|   Donald Rumsfeld, to a reporter                           |