RE: [Nolug] IMAP for home use

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 08 May 2002 15:03:51 -0500

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 06:17, Jerald Sheets wrote:
> I'm gonna answer you anyway :P So there.
>
> If they're already in your email client, it's quite simple, actually.
> Set up your new IMAP client connection, and you'll notice a new "folder"
> set in OE and Outlook. Literlly, open the folder view, and copy all
> your email into the imap store from your local store (I "moved" mine).
>
> It is literally that simple.
>
> Give it a try.

Thanks. I was hoping for something more scriptable, but
that does work. I have more than a dozen folders and sub-
folders and had to do each one by hand. Will also have
to do the wife's like that. Evolution doesn't allow
moving whole trees.

Also, what daemon will periodically move mail from my
ISP's pop3 server to my local IMAP spool files? At the moment,
my Evolution filters will move mail from the pop server to
IMAP folders, but that dependance on the client, of course,
isn't the point of IMAP.

Would it be fetchmail?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| You ask us the same question every day, and we give you    |
| the same answer every day.  Someday, we hope that you will |
| believe us...                                              |
|   Donald Rumsfeld, to a reporter                           |